WHAT IS GROUP MEDICLAIM INSURANCE POLICY?
Group Mediclaim Insurance policy comes under the PPO insurance policy, designed for multinational corporations and organizations. Needless to say, the well-being of an employee has to be a top priority. The excellence and consistent performance of the Company are tied to their employees’ medical stability. Group Mediclaim policy basically entails medical compensation for the employees working for a particular organization. The medical facilities and benefits differ from company to company.
Be it some illness or accident, the group Mediclaim policy ensures a comprehensive list of medical coverage. Employees are enrolled for this plan the moment they become a part of the working enterprise. A group health insurance takes into account their timely medical care. Some group health insurance plans extend the financial coverage for the family members as well. As stated before, the plan benefits depend on the customized policies of each company.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Employee Retention Method: In today’s time of steep medical costs, Mediclaim policies are a great incentive for employees. Giving medical insurance apart from the standard salary is a sure way of retaining employees. It indicates that the company is sensitive to employees’ needs and not just hankering after profits.
• Tax Benefits: Both the employee and employer have something to take away from this plan. While the employer can gain emotional support of the employees, there are monetary benefits too. The employers can receive tax benefits by making such a provision for the employees. One can claim the tax deductions under the Income Tax Act.
• Quality Healthcare: With a Group Mediclaim policy, one can get the best medical amenities at affordable prices. Moreover, there are additional features of cashless hospitalizations and even coverage for transportation costs. The best part is access to special treatment and the best of medical care. Depending upon the Company, the plan may also include treatment of terminal diseases. All medical procedures that usually burn a hole in the pocket are covered for easily.
• Maternity Coverage: This almost comes as a mental bliss for all the working, married women. The policy may include provision for pre-natal care and post-natal complications if any. Be it a normal delivery or C-section, support and assistance are given both ways.
• Additional Costs: Secondary costs like medications, diagnostics such as X-ray and blood tests are also reimbursed. Moreover, employees can get an appointment with senior practitioners without paying aggressively. Group Mediclaim policy is a key to satisfied employees and thus a productive atmosphere.
WHY IS IT REQUIRED?
Most eminent companies nowadays are adopting an employee-centric modus operandi. In exchange for valued and diligent medical care, they can attain trustworthy and motivated workers. The final authority in a group Mediclaim policy is vested with the employers. So, they can decide upon the extent of medical and economical coverage for their employees.
One can also compare individual health insurance plans and a group Mediclaim policy. It will clearly indicate higher premium benefits in the latter plan. The affordable premiums and extensive medical coverage are the highlights of a Group Mediclaim Insurance Policy. Thus, it should be treated as a vital aspect of every established organization.