We all walk the tightrope of maintaining a lifestyle that fits within the household budget. Our financial estimate often goes haywire when an unexpected illness catches us off guard. Thus, we often wonder- “How can I get cheap health insurance?”
Moreover, in today’s time, medical expenses have gone through the roof. Thus, many are increasingly turning toward a health insurance plan. Individuals are often worried about the supplementary costs that come with a health policy. Thus, one has to bear in mind both the tight budget and requisite medical benefits. Going by those criteria, here are some of the cheap health insurance plans. They are all under government enterprise and thus involve marginal costs.
• Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS): This scheme is applicable for central government employees, the pensioners and other individuals depending on them. One can avail this plan by getting a CGHS card. This can be fetched from the office of Additional Director of the City. The almost negligible amount is deducted from one’s account as a contribution to this plan. Such an initiative focuses on getting an individual access to medical care and health check-up.
• Employment State Insurance Scheme (ESIS): Employees’ State Insurance Scheme of India comes under the list of cheap health insurance plans. Individuals earning INR 21000 or less per month can easily apply for this medical policy. The employer share is 4.75% of the earnings and the employee share is 1.75%. Most importantly it is useful for establishments like cinemas, hotels, non-seasonal factories, etc Thus one can opt for this economical plan to get the best of medical assistance.
• Rajiv Arogya Bhagya: This health plan is entirely dedicated to the residents of Karnataka. It assures health insurance coverage to both rural and urban communities. An annual insurance premium is charged per person. It amounts to INR 300 for rural residents and INR 700 for urban populace. Moreover, there is no premium charged for certain categories like SC/ST, government employees, media persons, etc
• Meghalaya Health Insurance Scheme (MHIS): Such a scheme can be availed by a family of five. All the citizens of the state are eligible apart from the State and Central Government employees. Initially, at the time of enrollment, members only need to pay INR 30. In the subsequent years, the government pays the premium charges. It is clearly one of those cheap health insurance plans that we need to aware of.
• Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana, Goa: Individuals who have resided in Goa for more than 5 years are eligible for this scheme. It provides medical coverage of up to 2.5 lacs for a family of three or less. Whereas for a family of four or less, the insurance coverage is up to 4 lacs. The application for all these plans can be submitted online.
Check out the above-mentioned policies when you wonder- “How can I get cheap health insurance?” These plans are an initiative of the Government and thus extremely cost-effective. So, if you are hunting for cheap health insurance plans, here it is! Considering the increasing inflation, the Mediclaim policy is a must for all of us. So, don’t think twice and get it now.