Youth is the time when people experiment and explore new facets of life. A time to travel far and wide, and venture into varied career options. In the midst of all this, one hardly considers the importance of health insurance. However, this is the most opportune time to get an individual health insurance policy. Health issues often take a back seat as we earn financial freedom with our jobs. When we buy individual health insurance, we widen our scope of possibilities in many ways.
An individual health insurance policy gives you a certain amount of control over the carefree lifestyle. This way one can be prepared for any eventuality without draining their finances.
The following types of individual health insurance policy should be considered by people in their 20s:
• Short-term Medical Insurance: This type of individual health insurance policy provides temporary coverage. This should be when an individual is serving the waiting time for a long-term plan. It gives medical coverage against unexpected risks during the long gaps.
• Bundled Plan: A bundled plan provides risk coverage against financial worries by combining together many plans. The advantage is that it comes with one integrated premium. For instance, accidental coverage and short-term health insurance can all be availed under one bundled plan.
• Parent’s Health Insurance Plan: Young adults are covered under their parent’s health insurance plan till they turn 26. Post the expiry of the plan, individuals can apply for their own independent insurance plan.
• Individual Major Medical: This is another comprehensive coverage plan for young adults. It covers preventive to emergency services and is almost like a short-term health plan. If you are looking to buy individual health insurance, then this should be on your list.
• Medicaid: This plan is the best choice for young adults trying to make their ends meet. If you have an unstable financial situation, then this plan can serve you for free or at low-cost. One can get basic coverage against risks under this plan.
• Student Health Insurance: As a student, one can attain special privileges while purchasing health insurance plans. Colleges and universities often provide medical coverage for their candidates. Especially students studying abroad must opt for medical insurances. This gives a sense of security in a foreign land.
• Employee Insurance: Employee insurance is provided by the organization in which one is working. An employee’s medical care should be treated important for the company’s smooth functioning is dependent upon it. Thus, employees can avail this facility once they join any enterprise.
What happens when you buy individual health insurance at an early age?
Young adults can get their individual health insurance policy at a lower premium. Accompanied by their youth and sustainable job, the insurance application also gets approved without much fuss. The likelihood of getting hospitalized for treatment is far less in youth than in advanced years. Thus, the pre-condition for the waiting period is also checked off the list.
It is practical to invest in an individual health insurance policy when people are in their 20s. In today’s fast-paced life, getting insured at the right age can safeguard you against many risks. Thus, do not stall a crucial decision that concerns your financial and medical safety.