The stress of urban lifestyle has made us prone to many ailments and frequent illnesses. A higher cost of the living standard has further put a strain on the monthly budget. Thus, a sudden appointment with the physician becomes a source of financial worry. Herein lies the significance of healthcare insurance that enables individuals to fulfil their medical priorities. They can cope with the extravagant costs by paying a fixed premium on a timely basis.
Alongside, members can earn other medical benefits as time goes by, depending upon their policy. Thus, health insurance plans can get us through the worst.
An individual’s needs and priorities change with time. In their 30s, people obviously look for a plan that gives comprehensive benefits with maximum coverage. Features like cashless hospitalization, maternity coverage, etc should be a part of the healthcare insurance. Thus, the health insurance plan that you opt for must have all these 5 features:
• The plan should take into account the needs of working individuals and nuclear families. It should cover hospital accommodation costs, devoid of any upper limit. Customers should be able to use the refill benefit when the insured base amount is exhausted. Members should be provided with an equivalent of the insured amount. This can be claimed subsequently against any illness.
• Apart from providing healthcare insurance, the plans should give supplementary medical benefits on terminal illnesses. Certain quality and reputed health insurance plans have provisions for the AYUSH treatments. Patients can avail coverage for Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy under this plan. Members can also demand a second opinion in case of any critical illness. The list of such diseases will differ depending upon the plan.
• Members should get a free routine medical check-up annually under their healthcare plan. Some plans also entail daily cash benefits. Under this, patients can claim a certain amount of money for each day of hospitalization. Many health insurance plans cover organ transplant. It also covers the expenses incurred while transferring the patient from one hospital to another.
• Best health insurances also do not keep any upper age limit for applying to their plan. The unlimited automatic recharge feature offers to automatically recharge the insured sum in case of exhaustion. Routine visits to the hospital and frequent consultation fees are also covered. It is basically 1% of the total sum that is insured to the member.
• The perfect plans also give one can access to special reproductive treatments. From the 16th day onwards, the newborn is also covered for medical benefits. It is either up to 10% of the insured amount or IND 50000. It offers a grace period of 120 days, in case the insured has forgotten to pay the premium. However, all these conditions are subject to slight change and difference depending upon the policy.
Every working professional and family man should opt for a healthcare insurance. It is better to prepare for the worst possibilities beforehand. This way when the time comes one can be firmer and more decisive. Health insurance plans can assist us medically and support us economically. So, do not have second thoughts when the matter is about your well-being and security.