Do you desperately want to make changes in your lifestyle, but are simply unable to maintain a disciplined schedule? Don’t you worry! With the help of some health and fitness apps on your smartphone, you can now keep a track of your fitness levels and push yourself to work towards your fitness goals.
Here are the top seven health apps:
1. Sworkit: This is one of the best workout apps and it has videos of personal trainers demonstrating exercise routines. There are more than two hundred types of exercises to choose from. The wide range of exercise routines includes standard workouts as well as customised ones that allow you to decide how long you want to work out, your specific goals, and limitations if any. Proving that it is never too early to start being active, Sworkit also has a specialised app just for children. And if you’re wondering what the name means, it stands for “Simply Work It”!
2. Sleep cycle: Fitness and health are not all about exercise. How can you tire your body out without offering it proper respite? To track your sleep cycle through the night, there is an app called Sleep Cycle, and it can improve the quality of your sleep. It analyses your sounds and movements during the night and makes sure that it wakes you up in the lightest phase of the sleep cycle. This prevents you from waking up exhausted.
3. Happify: Yes, you guessed it right. This one is about mental health because it is no less important than physical fitness. Happify uses positive psychology to improve your mental well-being and satisfaction through simple tasks and games. You can choose which track you want to work on, for instance, reducing stress, increasing peace of mind, conquering negative thoughts, etc.
4. Adaptive: This is yet another fitness app which contains audio sessions made by 15 different personal trainers. You can take your pick from over 2,500 sessions, ranging from weightlifting to cardio, with new courses coming up every week.
5. MyFitnessPal: This is a calorie counting app that has a large database with several thousands of products and food items. A healthy diet is an essential part of maintaining a healthy regime and an app that shows your daily, weekly, or monthly progress in the form of graphs can be very useful.
6. Keelo: This app is not for the faint-hearted. It offers high-intensity interval training with strength, cardio, and conditioning workouts. It can even divide your workout plan into stages so that you know exactly what to expect.
7. Fooducate: This is yet another calorie counting app that allows you to scan barcodes and tells you exactly how good or bad that particular food item is for you. Conversely, it also allows you to track down food items in a store by rating products in a particular category based on calorie-count, fibre, sugar levels, nutritional value, and so on.
Go ahead and download any or all of these free health apps and get your fitness regime right on track. Health and fitness are a major concern in today’s world and the more attention you can pay to it, the better. Go one step ahead and take a health insurance plan to ensure that if all else fails, your health insurance company can support you in emergency situations. ManipalCigna’s easy EMIs and easy returns – all online – ensure that in times of health crisis, you are not left alone and helpless.