Our physical and mental energy a.k.a. stamina is the basic requirement of the human body to accomplish any task, be it walking or any other daily physical activity. So, the question is how can we improve our stamina?
Here are 5 techniques, which will help boost your stamina:
1. Foods to improve stamina:Your body needs complex carbohydrates found in whole wheat bread, roti, whole wheat pasta, brown rice, etc. as they provide fuel for your body in the form of glucose. Secondly, eating fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C helps boost your immunity. This means you fall sick less and hence reduce the wastage of your energy. Thirdly, green leafy vegetables can give your stamina a renewed boost. Leafy greens like spinach, beans and broccoli are rich in iron and can act as a great source of energy. Lastly, consume an adequate amount of protein in the form of fish, eggs, nuts and legumes to provide proper nutrition and growth to your muscles.
2. Food habits to improve stamina: Start your day with a king-size breakfast, loaded with carbohydrates and proteins. This will help kick-start your morning and keep your active and energized throughout the day. Also, start having smaller meals at shorter intervals instead of having large portions three times a day.
3. Sleep habits to improve stamina:Make sure there is a gap of at least 2 to 3 hours in between your dinner and your sleep time to ensure proper digestion and better sleep. A disturbed sleep means your body is not rested well, which can result in lack of concentration.
4. Water, beverages and stamina:Drink at least 3 litres of water to ensure you stay hydrated. Water also improves blood circulation, which means your body produces fewer toxins, in turn, helping you save energy. Stay away from alcohol and caffeinated drinks as they cause dehydration. Moreover, alcohol affects your motor skill, thus causing physical and mental strain at work.
5. Exercise and yoga to improve stamina:Simple exercises like aerobics, running, cycling, for 30 minutes a day can help keep in shape and boost your stamina. Yoga and meditation can help improve your mental stamina and allow you to handle stress better.
Getting your medical tests done regularly can also help you keep diseases at bay or at least control them so that your stamina is not drained by these ailments. Since getting diagnostic tests done routinely can be an expensive affair, a health insurance with ManipalCigna Health Insurance company can come in handy.